Personal Information Collection Statement for Application of Optional/ Voluntary Residence
- This is a personal data collection statement made under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (“the Ordinance”).
- Please read this statement BEFORE you provide any personal data to us.
- The following data is collected to facilitate the Application of Optional/ Voluntary Residence.
- Your name and UID for the purpose of identification
- Your email and telephone number for the purpose of communication
- Your address proof and other supporting documents for the purpose of verification
- Your provision of this data is mandatory. If you are not willing to supply such data, the offer acceptance of the Application of Optional/ Voluntary Residence cannot be proceeded.
- Your personal data will be kept confidential and handled by the authorized staff members of the University. Appropriate steps will be adopted to protect your personal data held by us against loss, unauthorized access, use, modification or disclosure.
- Under the provisions of the Ordinance, you have the right to request the University to ascertain whether it holds your personal data, to request it to supply to you a copy of the data, and to apply for correction of the data, as necessary. Applications for access to personal data should be made by using the specified form and on payment of a fee. Requests for correction of personal data should be made in writing with supporting documentation. Please address such applications and requests to the Data Protection Officer, Registry, The University of Hong Kong, except for requests for access to examination-related personal data which should be submitted to the office of the home Faculty direct.